12/20/07

Logan

On Monday, Jack and I drove up to Logan with my dad, Deb, and Logan (yes, Logan lives in Logan) to help the almost newlyweds clean their new apartment and move a few last things over. The people who just moved out didn't clean the apartment (I don't think ever) and the people who rent it out have no clue what they're doing and didn't clean it either. So we had to do it. It was DISGUSTING! I had to scrape stuff of the kitchen floor with a putty knife, and I couldn't even get the nasty shower clean. That'll take some heavy duty stuff.

Anyway, we left at about 7:30 in the morning, so I just got everything together, then got Jack up and put him straight in the truck, hoping he'd go back to sleep when we started driving. No such luck. But he was really good the whole ride up. He loves his new uncle Logan. They bonded on the way up. It was so cute! I turned around to see Jack reaching out and playing with Logan's fingers, and then he just grabbed his finger and held it for several minutes. (Yes, that is Deb's super hot butt, she was sleepy.)

The minute we got in the new apartment, Jack wanted to get down and run around. He had a blast helping us clean. He didn't whine once the whole time, until he tripped on Logan's foot and faceplanted it on the linoleum, getting a fat bloody lip. But he only cried for a few seconds and was fine. He was so patient and well behaved. He fell asleep in the car while Deb and I were running a couple quick errands, slept for about a half hour, and then was up for the rest of the day. We stayed up there till about 3:30 I think, and then we had to bring Logan down to his family in Layton for a bachelor party. It was so fun to hang out with them for the day!

Here is Jack riding on the carpet shampooer. Every time my dad took out the water bucket part he would jump right in there and say "go go go!"



We didn't get it all clean, there's still quite a bit left to do. My dad is going back up tomorrow morning, so Jack and I might head up with him again to help finish it up so it's all clean and ready for the newlyweds when they get back on Sunday.

2 comments:

The Candlands said...

Yeah, she's going to live here in Logan?! We'll have to have them over for dinner and play games...when we actually live here too! Haha! Are they going to school? How long are they planning on being here?

Burrell said...

do you guys hire out? seriously.