12/12/07

Creamy Chicken, Vegetables & Noodles

I tried out a new recipe tonight, from the Holiday 07 issue of Kraft Food & Family. It's really yummy, and really easy to make (and coming from me, that means REALLY easy, since I usually suck at cooking). So I thought I'd post it for all of you to try. Here ya go!

Creamy Chicken, Vegetables & Noodles
prep: 15 min total: 30

4 c. egg noodles, uncooked
1 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-in. chunks
1/4 c. Kraft Light Zesty Italian Reduced Fat Dressing
3 1/2 c. fresh broccoli florets
1 large red pepper, cut into strips
1 yellow squash, sliced
6 oz. Velveeta, cut up
1 Tbsp. milk

Cook pasta as directed on package

Meanwhile, cook chicken in dressing in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat 5 to 7 min. or until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Add vegetables; stir. Reduce heat to medium; cover. Cook 5 min. or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.

Meanwhile, place Velveeta in small microwaveable bowl. Add milk. Microwave on HIGH 2 to 3 min. or until Velveeta is melted and misture is will blended, stirring after 1 1/2 min. Add to chicken mixture; mix lightly. Serve over the pasta.

Makes 6 servings, 2 cups each.

Just a couple notes, I only used 2 chicken breasts, and it was plenty. Also, make sure you watch the cheese when you're melting it so it doesn't boil over. hehe =D Enjoy!

4 comments:

kennan said...

you quit work and became domestic. i am jealous. will you teach me?

Unknown said...

I am impressed!!!! I must give it a try! No worries... my cookies come out like that quite often!:) I have heard it can be because of bad baking soda or powder! Apparently it can go bad - who knew?!

Burrell said...

Mmmmm. Shoundsh delishush.

kennan said...

would you update?