4/1/09

Hair Disaster

I went to get a haircut Saturday at Super Cuts. I told her to just cut off this long layer in the back that was flipping out funny, but to leave the front as long as possible because I was growing it out. This is what she did, and I liked it. Until.........
I got home and decided to wash and style it. I pulled it up to dry it in layers and this is what I found!

Can you see the random layer underneath that she cut a couple inches shorter than the rest? What the...?! Who does that??? And I know exactly when she did it, too. She lifted up the back of my hair and said, "I'm just gonna clean up your neck here where it had a chance to grow." And I thought, ok, I do have a fuzzy neck, she's probably cleaning it up below where she cut it shorter in the back. Whatever. And then she started snipping off huge chunks. I wasn't facing the mirror, so I couldn't see what she was doing. I thought it felt a little strange, but I also thought she must know what she's doing. So I didn't bother noticing what she had done. Now it probably wouldn't be a problem, since you couldn't see it at all when my hair was styled. But I don't always have 30-40 minutes to spend drying and straightening my hair, so at least half the time I put it in a ponytail. You can imagine how stupid I would look if I did a ponytail and had that ugly short layer just hanging there. And that ugly short layer wasn't even even. Seriously, I have no idea what this lady was doing. *sigh* Anyway, so I went back later and told another lady and she fixed it for me for free. I guess they've been having problems with the other lady. I don't think I was the first person to come back for a fix. So I just told her to chop it shorter in the back so it was even and make it an a-line bob. Keep it as long as possible but even it up. This is what she did.

I like it, but I don't love it. I've been growing my hair out for a year and a half and I was really pissed that I have to start from here again. I would just chop it really short and not have to worry about it, but I really do want to try growing it really long for once. So here I am. Oh well. At least I don't have to worry about all the layers anymore. Stupid old lady.

4 comments:

The Candlands said...

I am going through the crazy stage where I want to chop my hair so bad, but keep trying to remind myself that I like the length and all the fun things I can do! It's a vicious cycle!

Terrie said...

The next time you are ready for a cut and style, I will give you the name of the girl the my girls and I go to. She used to teach and now has a salon in her home. I used to have Jeff's x-girlfriend cut my hair until she moved to AZ and then did the salon thing for a few years until I got fed up with hair that never looked right. I finally took the advice of my girls and tried Makaylee. She's fabulous but you do have to schedule way ahead of time.

Burrell said...

I love the cut. It looks great on you! I can totally relate to the chop job. Remember? I had one myself about a year ago. And I'm still growing it out!
Seriously. It looks beautiful.
P.S. Sorry for not calling. We drove all night on Tuesday and didn't get to my parents until 5 am. Then we slept most of the day and then had a family dinner that night. I was a crazy short visit, but I hope to be able to see you next time we're in town. Whenever that may be...

Mandy said...

Oh Val! you look cute!!! I should have told you NEVER go to Super Cuts. I went there just about 3 weeks before Ashley's 1st birthday. I asked for my hair to cut into a bobb. Well I think that the gal thought I meant a "Bob" haircut, cause the next thing I new was the hair was so short!!!! I came home and Troy looked at me and said "What happened." I just started to cry. I will email the picture to you it isn't pretty.
Love you!!