4/22/09

Hooray for summer weather!

I am so excited that it has finally warmed up (for a few days anyway). And I'm especially excited that the kids get to wear summer clothes! Jack got this outfit from an awesome little website called Crazy 8. (Thank you Kennan for introducing me forever ago!) This is his new favorite shirt because you can't see it, but there is a big car parked under the palm trees. He picked it out himself online. I also decided that Jack's hair needed to go. So I buzzed it off myself just now. That boy sweats so much, so I thought it would feel good. I know it's not super stylish, but it'll be grown out enough to style in a week. (And no, I do not beat my child. He is just a three-year-old boy.) And look how much better his wound looks already! The swelling and all the dried blood are gone. I think it's gonna heal up nicely. He is such a tough guy. He hasn't had any Tylenol since that night. I asked him all day yesterday if his stitches hurt, but he said no. And he's great about leaving it alone. He points to it throughout the day and says, "I won't touch that." He saw it for the second time in the mirror yesterday and said, "Take that off." I explained that it couldn't come off yet because it was helping his owie get better faster. He looked at it thoughtfully for a second and said, "It looks kinda like a spider." Cute, brave boy! = )
(Yes, I know there is a long hair hanging on his forehead. He hates the sound of the clippers and was not cooperating at all. I'll have Scott hold his head still later and fix that hair, and trim the sideburns and his neck.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

He looks so grown up with his new buzz!:) Sounds like he is quite the trooper with his stitches. I am sure you are glad it over!

kennan said...

i am ready for some summertime with you! lets get together next week.....

Tyler and Sheena said...

Oh my gosh he looks like a different boy. I like it.

Allison Bushman said...

Bless his heart!!! Mom told me about the traumatic experience with the mole! I'm so sorry you had to go through that! I'm glad it is getting better! Love you guys!