4/13/09

Dying Eggs

Scott and I have been sick for over a week, so we didn't even get to dying eggs until the last minute Saturday night. Jack was so excited he could hardly sit still while I got it all ready. This picture's really orange, but his face is just irrisistable, so I had to post it.



I bought this cute kit with super bright dye and funny face stickers. He put all the stickers on all by himself. He did really good!

All his finished buddies. He was so proud.
The minute we were done he wanted to eat one. He didn't know you had to peel the shell off first.
Yum! I was so proud of him for eating one. He is so picky. I have tried to get him to try a hard boiled egg several times before, and he wouldn't even think about it! But for some reason he was all about it that night. Maybe because he had made them look so cool himself. I guess I need to let him decorate more foods, then maybe he'll eat more things. He wouldn't try the yolk, but he had a few bites of the white part.
Too bad you can't buy eggs like this straight from the store. Wouldn't that make cooking so much more fun?

2 comments:

Burrell said...

Yay for Easter eggs!

And p.s.
Need I remind you that James DIED? And not pleasantly.

P.P.S. That was not a death threat. I'm just saying...

Unknown said...

cute boy and Easter egg hunt and dyeing eggs. The little ones are so much fun aren't they! and...
I started "the dress". The pattern is really a little strange in places and doesn't define itself well. I am hoping I am smart enough to figure it out!