The new song on my ipod is dedicated to Scott. Love you poo!
Here's the story.....
When Scott proposed to me, his friends kidnapped and blindfolded me, and drove me up to a cabin in the mountains. They sat me on a couch and walked away. I was a little nervous, since I had no idea where I was, and I was still blindfolded. (However, I did have a pretty good idea of what was going on, so I wasn't too nervous.) Anyway, after a few very long seconds, I heard Scott tell me in a shaky voice to take off the blindfold. The cabin was all romantic with the fireplace going. He was kneeling in front of me with his guitar. He looked so nervous! I immediately started crying, being the baby that I am. He then proceeded to sing me his own version of "Tears in Heaven". I found the paper with the lyrics the other day. Here they are!
Would you take my name, and guide me safely to heaven.
We'll work as the same, on the pathway to heaven.
Our love is strong, it won't be long
Till we kneel and be as one,
Here in heaven.
Would you take my hand, and pull me onward to heaven.
Would you help me stand, if I stumble toward heaven.
With you I'll stay, both night and day.
'Cause with you I'll have always
My own heaven.
You're the only one who will ever do, only you, babe.
Please don't break my heart, say you'll love me too, love me too.
Would you take my name, and all I am I will give you.
If you say o.k., I'll cherish, honor, and love you.
Please be my wife, for more than life,
And we'll have forever joy,
In heaven.
Amazing, right?! He then pulled the ring out of his pocket, knelt again, and asked me to marry him. I just cried and jumped in his arms. A few seconds later he said, "You didn't answer me yet." Oops! hehe I was so emotional I forgot to acutally say the word "yes". After that we had a romantic, candle-lit dinner. He had brought up some take-out from a restaurant and put it in the oven to keep it warm. It ended up taking longer that expected to get me up there, so it got a little stale and burned, but I still loved it! Aaah, the good 'ole days when guys were always doing romantic things to try and impress us. :) I love you Scott!
5/30/08
For Scott
Posted by
Valerie
at
10:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is so sweet! Very creative :> I remember those days too!
amazing!
Post a Comment