On Saturday, my mom, Jack and I headed to the zoo for Mommy and Me day. The weather was gorgeous! It was pretty crowded, but not too bad. My mom bought us the shirts, and then you got free entry and various activities. They had a big mural for the kids to paint, but Jack wasn't interested. We didn't even attempt to do the craft, because it was a big flower headband/hat thing, and I knew he wouldn't wear it. I also knew he wouldn't want his face painted, but I got mine done. They had free 10 minute massages for mom's, but the wait was pretty long, so we passed on that as well. We did, however, take full advantage of the free Meadow Gold ice cream! Yum! We went down a line and they gave us scoop after scoop of about 6 different flavors.
Jack loves the train. He just sat with his hands folded and stared out the whole time. My mom tried to put him on her lap so he could see both sides better, but he wanted to sit on the bench all by himself.
I had someone else take our picture in the albino alligator house, and he was being a little stubborn and shy.



A lot of the animals were out and really active, and Jack would just stare at them for as long as we sat there. The big cats were all napping though, and he had a hard time picking out the animals that weren't moving, since he didn't really know what he was looking for. He got really mad at me for trying to get him to sit on the big elephant with me. But he did like to look at it from a slight distance.
Cute little guy, just chillin' by the fence, watching all the people go by.
Waiting in line for the face painting.
This guy was so awesome! He was showing off for all the people, moving around his big log and then climbing up and balancing on it, right up against the window. But the lighting in there was so bad, that the camera wanted use the flash. When it did, the pictures came out like this....
.... and when it didn't they were all blurry cuz he was moving around so much. He was really cool though!
Playing with his truck from the gift shop while I waited in line for ice cream.
This is my favorite picture!!!! We both love grandma soooo much! He wanted my mom to hold him for a good half of the time were were there (which was over 3 hours). He was getting a little sleepy, but when they came to join me in the ice cream line, he suddenly got a second wind and was acting really silly, pretending to beat up grandma. He rarely ever smiles for the camera, so I hurried and whipped it out, snapped one shot, and got this! Precious!
Me and my mommy!
Check out the fancy artwork on my face! Jack got a little upset when the lady started painting it, thinking what is this lady doing to my mom! But then he saw the colors and thought it was cool, and started saying "geeeet (green), geeeeet, red, lat (black), mommyyyyy". We asked him if he wanted one, but that was a definite no. And he missed out! I sported my zoo look for the rest of the day, even to a bunch of stores later when we went out looking for a big wheel for him. How awesome of a mom am I? I did, however, wash the face paint off before I made a last minute run to the grocery store alone that night.
Thank you mom for the super fun day! We love you so much! Happy Mother's Day!
5 comments:
I don't think i have ever seen your mom! It lloks like you had a fun day! Are you doing anythhing Wednesday! I really want to play with my girls!
I don't think i have ever seen your mom! It lloks like you had a fun day! Are you doing anythhing Wednesday! I really want to play with my girls!
wanted to go but then i couldn't bare to wear the shirt. just kidding. you make large ugly t-shirts look fantastic!
You got some great pics! I love the one of Jack and your mom. I also love your art work. Very hip. Looks like so much fun.
Post a Comment