Ew ew ew ew ew ew!!!! Holy freakin crap! So I was going to go into the bathroom and take out my contacts so I can go to bed (this was 45 minutes ago) when I saw the biggest spider I have ever seen (outside of a cage, of course). It was seriously an inch and a half big. It was tan with a black stripe down the middle and was hairy. Anyone know what kind of spider that is? I'm not about to get on the internet and look at pictures of spiders to find out. It looked similar to some smaller (well, small compared to this one) ones that I have killed recently. But this was the grand daddy of all spiders. Seriously. It was on the floor, in the corner under the cabinet. I got a shoe and put the shoe on my hand, and went to slam the shoe on it, and it ran up and under the cupboard before the shoe hit the floor. It was seriously that fast. And there is a gap under the lip of the cabinet, against the wall. (I discovered that by pushing a mirror up under there with a broom handle.) I watched and I saw it come out, cuz I could see it's long legs wiggling and dangling. So Scott took the broom to try and brush it out, while I stood with a book in hand ready to slam it down. But it got back into the hole too fast!!! I have sprayed probably a half a can of raid and shoved some wads of fabric up in the corners, but I am stil paranoid now. It could come out at any time, and anywhere. I'm nervous that Jack is gonna be wandering around tomorrow and see it and try to pick it up or something. Ugh! I'm going crazy now! So much for sleeping tonight. I'm plannig on having spider nightmares. Anyway, I'm done babbling now. I'm just so freaked out. I'm usually ok to kill spiders, but this was beyond my tolerance level. I'll probably be paranoid and watching for it for the next month. I would rather have it come out right now and coming running around the middle of the room so I could smash it and know it's dead, rather than just wonder where it's hiding and if it will crawl up on me unsuspected. What if it's poisonous?! I saw a thing on the news the other day about some people that got some nasty spider bites that they thought were from hobo spiders, and it was not pretty! Those people were all out by the lake, but still... you never know. Ok, I'm done now. Ew!!!
7/22/07
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
GROSS! i feel your pain. i hate, hate, haaatttteee spiders! i think we have, like 5 different kinds of bug killers in our garage, just in case one of them doesn't work, there's always a back-up!
Post a Comment