7/5/07

Happy 4th!

On the 4th we went down to Orem for a big reunion on my mom's side of the family. It was so much fun to see a bunch of my relatives that I haven't seen for quite a while, and some that I've never met! We had a yummy pot luck lunch and just played at the playground and socialized.

Cute little Gabby, giving a big grin for the camera.
Jack is still a little unbalanced on slides, but he does like to go down them (I know his face looks otherwise)....

Is there a height requirement for these things? ; ) They got stuck in the middle.


Jack, trying to say hello to Ella. She wouldn't give me a single smile.
Jack and Grandma (my mom, Michelle). He loves his grandma!Jack being funny and trying to put an olive in his eye. His new thing is to pull that face when he's shy and put the backs of his hands up against his eyes and peek through the fingers like, you can't see me! It's much cuter than the pouting!
After the picnic, we came home to rest for a while. It was soooo hot outside! Jack took a 3 hour nap. He fell asleep right before we got home, and didn't get up till 5:30! (Scott slept almost as long!) I spent a couple hours of that time deap cleaning the apartment and doing laundry. Then my dad came over to bring us some shelves that he helped me make a couple years ago (I never got around to hanging them before).
There is also one at the top of my stairs. Now I'm gonna have to find some cute decorations to put on them..... darn...... hehe!
After my dad left we took Jack to eat at The Mayan. I hadn't been for several years, and I forgot how cool that place is! And they changed the menu, and the food is much better than it was before. Jack was a stinker and didn't want to sit still or eat a single bite of his food, but he loved watching the show where the guys jump into the water. The show wasn't as good as before, however. They used to have divers that would do all kinds of flips and handstands and stuff, but now the guys just acted wild and jumped straight off over and over. It was still fun though. This guy dressed as a lion was wandering around playing a drum, and he came over and was acting up for Jack, and Jack just put his hands over his eyes and looked at him funny. Gotta love my shy boy! hehe
I wanted to take Jack to see some big fireworks, but we got home just before 9:00, and Jack was soooo tired. There's no way he would've lasted till 10:00. Oh well, maybe next year. It was still a GREAT holiday!

1 comments:

tami and todd said...

What a super fun celebration! I think it's so funny that Scott and Jack got stuck in the slide... hehehe!