7/5/08

BBQ & 4th of July

Last weekend my dad had a BBQ here in the backyard with most of his family. It was lots of fun! It was great to see some relatives that I only get to see once a year or so. Scott only took a couple pictures. We're slackers lately. My aunt Terrie brought a snow cone machine and it was a big hit! Jack had 2 of them. Mmmm!
Me and Jack enjoying a little shade. It was hot.
Yesterday we had a great 4th of July! Well, I guess it started the night before. Every year on the 3rd we go to the Riverton parade with the Morris' and then have a BBQ at Scott's grandparents' house after. They live right off the parade route. Well, most of his family were butts this year and didn't come, but we had fun with his parents and grandparents by ourselves! Jack loved the parade this year. He just stared and stared, and told us all every color of every vehicle that went by.

Yesterday morning we went down to my mom's and went swimming. Jack is still not a big fan of the water. It took me a long time to get him in, and then I kinda had to force him in and just let him cry for a minute. He just doesn't like the cold water on his tummy, and he's a little nervous in the deep water. His little legs were clamped tight around my waist. I just slowly went a little deeper so he wouldn't notice, and once he got used to the water he had fun twirling around with me. I guess I just need to take him swimming more often. After swimming we had a yummy lunch at my mom's and played for a while. Thanks mom, for a great time!

After Jack had a nice long nap, we went to a matinee showing of Kung Fu Panda. So great! I thought it was really cute and funny. Jack didn't want to be there in the beginning for some reason, but once he realized we weren't leaving he settled down and enjoyed the movie.

After the movie we hung out at home for a couple hours, then headed outside to do some pop-its and sparklers. Jack LOVED those! Until he tried to pick up a burned out one on the wrong end. His fingers were fine, not even red. I think it just startled him that it was hot and that we were yelling at him not to touch it. Once that happened he wouldn't have anything to do with them. But we did get some cute videos of him running around with them. If I can figure out how to get it from Scott's phone to here I'll post one.


He especially loved doing 2 at a time.
Next we headed out to West Jordan park to watch the big fireworks. Jack has never been, and I just know he would love them. Well, they were scheduled to start at dusk, so we got there at 9:30, just when it was starting to get dark. We waited, and waited, and waited......... for almost an hour and a half!! We finally just left because Jack was soooo tired and getting cranky. And of course, when we were almost home, they started, at 10:55!! Ummmm, that is not dusk. I was so mad. They did have a medical helecopter hovering over the park for about 5 minutes and then a couple police cars left with sirens going, so something must've gone wrong to cause a delay. Oh well. We'll try again on the 24th. Jack at least got a cool neon green light-up sword to entertain him for the hour and a half of just sitting on a blanket. Overall it was a great holiday!

0 comments: