Jack had his first pumpkin carving experience last night. Scott's mom had given Jack a pumpkin to carve, so we picked up 2 more yesterday for me and Scott. He wasn't really interested in helping at all. He just wanted to watch for a couple minutes and eat his cheese bread, and then he got bored and just wanted to run around.
Since Jack wasn't paying any attention to it anymore, Scott decided to go to the gym for a bit. And of course, once he was gone, Jack wanted to help again. So I took these pictures myself. I'm pretty good at arms-length pictures! hehe

Jack didn't really want to get into it, but he did help me throw a few of the big chunks into the garbage when we were done.


After Jack had gone to bed, Scott and I carved our pumpkins. Here's Scott showing off his mad carving skills.
And here's me, killing my fingers. I hadn't carved a pumpkin for years, and now I remember why. This dang "intermediate" pattern took me an hour and a half to complete, with the tiny blade. My fingers are still stained a little orange. I had messed up on Jack's (it had eyeballs, but they fell off, and don't look at it up close, or you'll see where I didn't follow the lines at all) so I wanted to make mine really good. I also broke the first blade we got, went to the store and got a battery powered one, broke that after 2 minutes, and was down to the last one. (Yes, I know, I'm a klutz.) So I was being extra careful and going super slow. But it turned out great! : )








2 comments:
Very creative!!!! I am dreading the mess this year for some reason...I guess we will do ours tonight! Mine never look that that!!!!:)
Totally awesome... good job guys, what a night!
Post a Comment