12/23/09

Growing Up

Little miss Soap is not so little anymore, and no longer fit into her infant car seat. So we put her in Jack's toddler seat, and she looks much more comfy! No more feet against the back of the seat and head in the handlebar. She's close enough to a year that we put her forward facing, and I love it! It's so much fun to be able to turn and see her. I think she loves it, too.
Since Jack got his toddler seat stolen, he got to graduate to a new big kid booster seat! He thinks he is so cool. He loves that he can move around a little more and that he doesn't have the straps and buckles in all sorts of uncomfortable places. And the best part? Two drink holders and two snack holders! We can't go anywhere without a treat to put in there. I'm not sure I feel as comfortable with him in a regular seatbelt instead of the 5 point harness, but I guess he had to switch sooner or later. I do feel a little better since I saw a news clip yesterday about booster seat safety tests, and this seat was on the best bets list. Good ole' $37 seat by Evenflo beat out some fancy Eddie Bauer one.

Look! I can reach forward!

1 comments:

Deborah said...

Don't you know that turning around to look at your children with surely cause an accident one day? CAREFUL! ps i LOVE her and him!