6/20/09

Mommy Buddy Date

Jack and I went on a date today. We rode Trax to the Gateway. Jack had never ridden Trax before, or any kind of train. He was pretty fascinated with the whole thing.

When we got there we ate lunch at good ole' Mickey D's. Yum!


It wasn't really the best day for walking the gateway, since it was cold, rainy, and windy! However, we got lucky because they were having a big sidewalk chalk competition that we didn't know about! The people drawing weren't so lucky, because they had to cover their pictures with plastic every time it started sprinkling. But it didn't rain too bad. There were some really cool pictures! This one was my favorite. And this is Jack tired and done for the day. We hadn't been there very long at all, but I didn't bring a stroller, and it was cold and wet and he had just had enough of it all.
I think it's amazing that people can do things like this with chalk. The people doing this lady were the winners last year, so you couldn't vote for them. They were just doing it for fun.
Jack was soooo tired on the train ride home, but he refused to sit on my lap and go to sleep. He finally couldn't fight it any longer and I convinced him to lay his head on my lap, one stop before we had to get off.

I love getting out with just Jack once in a while since I feel like I don't get to spend enough quality time with him. Thanks for going out with me buddy! I love you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a sweet treat! You look beautiful...your hair is growing so fast! Hope all is going well for you! love and hugs....auntlu

Burrell said...

Sweet little man! Looks like you both had such a fun time.