12/21/08

Not my gumdrop buttons!

On Friday my mom hosted a fabulous gingerbread house decorating party. She baked these really cool houses with fancy molds and everything. Look at the cute set up with all the different candies for us to use. This is me telling Deb and Logan about how I got attacked by my garbage can that morning. Yes, attacked. I'm telling you, it tried to kill me!
Each couple got to decorate a house. My grandpa was there too, but I don't think he was too interested in decorating. He just wandered and watched everyone. And Scott was busy taking pictures, so I just did ours.

The kids each got to decorate their own little graham cracker house. Gabby really got into it and did a really good job!
Jack, however, was more interested in eating the candy than sticking it on the house.
He did get a few pieces on, with grandma's help.

We were experimenting with a new camera that we won at Scott's company Christmas party. It didn't come with an SD card (dumb, I know) and we haven't bought one yet, so we were trying out a really low resolution so we could take more pictures on just the camera's memory. So they all turned out pretty crappy. Sorry.

Jack's finished product. Check out Gabby's on the right!
The kids were a little hyper all night, and they had a lot of fun sliding off my mom's leather couch over and over. Cute kids!


Here are the finished products. Tyler and Sheena....
My Grandma....
Deb and Logan..... *Note: they were not even close to being finished. Deb and her interior designer self.....
And the best one of all...... the white trash gingerbread house! (The theme was Scott's idea, after he saw how crappy I was at decorating gingerbread houses.) Do you like my broken down truck parked on the side of the house? I came up with that all by myself as a final surprise for Scott. : ) And I think my snowman should automatically make us the winners.
You can't really tell, but that red thing on the roof is a cinnamon Santa falling through the roof. That was Scott's idea.
I hadn't decorated a gingerbread house since I was a little kid, and it was so much fun! Thanks, mom, for another great holiday party! Love you!

2 comments:

Terrie said...

What a fabulous idea. They all turned out so cute. Maybe next year, I will host my own party for my grandkids!

Mandy said...

What a fun idea.....we had fun doing our houses too. Ashley was really impressed with the car. Maybe next year. They look good, even the kids look like they had fun.