9/2/08

Weekend Getaway

On Friday I got to take off for a nice little weekend getaway without Jack. I love him to pieces, but it was really nice to have a couple days to relax. My dad, Diana, Nick, Tyler, Sheena, Deb, Logan, Scott and I all went down to St. George and stayed in my Aunt Linda's AMAZING house! It is so gorgeous, and they have a little pool in their backyard. She was actually up here in Salt Lake for the weekend, but she trusted all 9 of us hooligans to use her house. (Thank you so much Linda! We had a blast, and we missed you!) We got there late Friday night and stayed up till 1:00 am playing Aggravation.

On Saturday we slept in and then swam in the pool for a bit. Then we had lunch at Mongolian BBQ. So yummy! After that we wandered the outlets and then a big furniture store. My dad and Diana bought a new sofa set. Then we had a few minutes to relax at the house before we went to see Les Miserables at the Tuacahn Theatre. The show was awesome! Every cast member was fantastic, and the setting with all the red rocks surrounding us was so beautiful. The show lasted till midnight. It was 107 degrees that day, until the rains came. We were really worried our show would get rained out, but it rained just enough to cool it off to the 80's, and then was perfect for the show!

Sunday morning we slept in again (aaahhh, so nice!) and just kind of lounged around the house and played some progressive rummy. Tyler, Sheena, Nick, Scott and I came home that afternoon, and the rest stayed till Monday afternoon.

Thank you, thank you, dad for such a great weekend! It was much needed!

And thank you so much to my mom and Bob for taking care of Jack for us. He had so much fun with you!

(I didn't take any pictures, but my dad and Deb did, so you'll have to check their blogs later and see if they post any.)

4 comments:

Tyler and Sheena said...

Ditto, Ditto, DITTO!!!

Unknown said...

Sounds so fun and relaxing! Oh, you made me miss st. george again!

Unknown said...

You are sooooo welcome! I am just sad that I was not home! But then again that would have made for another couple to sleep on the floor. I hope they gave you the wonderful soft bed (back bed room)! I had to go and see my honey because lately he has had to spend a lot of time away from home so that I can have that wonderful fun house and pool! so glad to you could come. Please come again!

The Candlands said...

So ummmm, when we gonna get together to make bows for this spoiled baby girl?! For my birthday {and my friend Beths - ours are 3 days apart} we want to get together and sew/scrapbook. You are totally invited! I'll call you later about the details!