3/20/08

Spring has sprung!

(Before I start this post, let me explain why I can't seem to post less than 15 pictures at a time. You see, when I see a cute photo opportunity, I like to just snap away, one right after another. I do this because A: it is impossible to get Jack to look at the camera for more than half a second, so I just keep taking them, hoping that he might glance my way during one of the shots; and B: I know that half of the pictures I take are not going to turn out because Jack also won't sit still for more than a couple seconds at a time. But that's the great thing about digital. I can take as many as I want, and then weed out the bad ones! However, I usually end up loving every single picture that didn't come out blurry, and therefore have a hard time picking just a few favorites. Plus I just love to brag and show off my handsome little guy. So there! Ok, now on with the post.....)

For the past week or two, someone in my little family has been sick. First Jack got a cold, then I almost got it, but it went away quickly. Then Scott got it really bad, and gave it to me. And then, of course, I gave it back to Jack. Right now Jack and I both still have a bad cold. So we've been laying around the house in our pj's for a few days. Well yesterday was absolutely gorgeous!!! 58 degrees and sunny! I just couldn't resist such beautiful weather (and I was completely out of mine and Jack's cold medicine), so I got off my lazy butt, put some clothes on, and we ran to Walmart to get some cold medicine and sidewalk chalk. I got this package of easter egg chalk for $2.00! It was the last one, and it was hiding in the middle of all the easter stuff. We played outside in the backyard for about an hour, and Jack had a blast coloring all over the cement and exploring the yard. He was funny. He didn't draw any circles or scribble at all, he just drew little "chicken scratches" all over, perfect for the whole egg chalk theme.
And yes, I know, why does he have a binky? Trust me, I tried getting it out of his mouth, but I wanted cute pictures, not screaming pictures. Plus he's been sick, so I let him have it if he really wants it. Most of the day he doesn't have it, but he had just barely gotten up from a nap when we left for the store, and it stayed in.
He was really mad in this picture because he couldn't get the lid to stay closed.

I got so lucky with this cute shot. I couldn't get him to look at the camera for the longest time, and then all of a sudden, he heard me turn on the camera, and he just turned and said "cheeeeeeese!" I whipped the camera up and snapped a picture as fast as I could, hoping he would even be in the shot, and I got this right before he turned his head away again.
He found his little bench on the deck so I brought it down for him. He wanted to sit on it, but he still wanted to color.


Can I just tell you how much I LOVE having a nice backyard where we can just go outside and Jack can run around without me worrying about what he's stepping on or getting into? Plus, grandpa has so many cool things to explore!
Like this really cool hose winder-upper-thingy!

This is my "I don't really care what I look like or who sees me because I'm sick, throw on a hat and only half my makeup and go" look. I think Jack might be a little embarrassed to be seen with me, judging from the look on his face.
Baba got home from work just as we were leaving to go to the store, so when we got back he came outside to play for a few minutes. Jack had fun on the swing with him.
We finally figured out that if we tease Jack and say things like "Oh no, don't smile! No! Don't do it! Don't smile!!" he'll stare right at the camera and smile! Who knew! Too bad the binky is in the way.
A few minutes later, daddy got home from work, and Jack promtly pulled him up on the deck to swing.
My handsome boys!
So there ya have it! You know my life is really exciting when an hour in the backyard turns into such a huge blog post.


2 comments:

kennan said...

fun! i am glad to see you are enjoying spring as well. that sucks you guys have been sick. we are healthy here for the time being (knock on wood). hopefully i can see you again before i am a mom of 2. lets get together or go to park or something.....

Unknown said...

I was thinking of you yesterday and wondering if you want to play! I have an ENTIRE week of springbreak ahead of me and no big plans!:)
Isn't it great when a 2.00 box of chalk can be such great entertainment?