What a beautiful Easter weekend! I am so glad that the weather turned out so gorgeous. Saturday morning, we decided to dye a few easter eggs and have a quick mini egg hunt in the backyard. I thought Jack would be excited about watching the eggs change colors, but all he was really interested in was dropping (more like throwing) the eggs into the dye. He cracked several of them doing this. He made sure all the eggs were in a color (overflowing most of them) and then he was off to play. He didn't really care about pulling them out. He did have fun putting some stickers on a couple of them. When we finished I threw a few around on the grass and he did go around finding them and putting them in his basket, but that only lasted a minute. Oh well, next year he'll be more into it.

Easter morning Jack got to find his basket from the easter bunny. He has no idea what the easter bunny is, or anything else about easter for that matter. All he knows is that he got lots of toys and treats.
He does love eggs, however. These one's were fun to shake with jelly beans in them.
And even more fun to dump all over the floor.
Unfortunately, Scott had to go do some work that morning, since he was on call. So he didn't get to go to church with us. But Jack and I had fun dressing up in matching easter outfits. (Ok, technichally they weren't Easter outfits. Jack got his for Christmas and I got mine for my birthday, but we'd each only worn them once before.) Don't we look spiffy?
That evening we went to the Morris' for a big celebration. We had a yummy dinner (as usual), and a couple easter egg hunts. Us grown-up kids get to have one in the front yard, and I'll tell ya, it is WAR! There is pushing and shoving and screaming, especially since they started putting dollar bills in the eggs! It's a blast! The two little one's, Jack and Trey, got to have their own egg hunt in the backyard. Trey did awesome! His basket was overflowing. Jack wasn't quite as into it. He found this one on the deck, with a little help, but then he kept putting it back instead of in his basket.
And once he stepped down off the deck, it was all over. My poor kid has a one track mind, and as soon as he saw the soccer balls, the egg hunt was completely forgotten, no matter what we did to try and get him to pick up eggs. Look at the poor easter basket with one egg, abandoned on the grass. Maybe next year.
The also had a cute bean bag toss dinasour that they made for Trey's b-day last year. You have to click on this picture to get a good look at his cute facial expression.

All the boring old people who just like to sit and chat, while us young'ns have all the fun.
Sexy man!
I lub my hubby! (Even if he is old and boring.)
Aaaaaahhhhh!
Aaarrrgggg, matey! Watch out for the Easter pirates!
Scott's sisters, Allison and Jayme, doing the sexy model/ Japanese tourist pose.
At the Morris' house, the Easter bunny hides the easter baskets. He never did this at my house, so I think this is a fun, new tradition. Here are Jack and Trey looking for theirs.


Now here's a really funny story. Sue told Bob that he wasn't allowed to help hide the grown-up kids easter baskets, because he doesn't hide them hard enough. Well, Sue hid them so well, that she forgot where she put them! Allison and Jayme had to look for theirs for a good 10 minutes, with Sue's help. It was great!
Jack and Trey got these really awesome bubble blowers in their baskets. Scott took probably 60 pictures of just the bubble blowing. And they were all cute! So here's a bunch of my favorites. I recommend clicking on all of these so you can actually see the bubbles.
The one Jack got was really cool! It made lots of little bubbles inside one giant bubble.
I think this is my favorite picture from the whole day! Jack actually liked this! He pulled this same face every time he pushed the button on his blower or if any of the bubbles got near him, but he thought it was pretty funny, too. I love Trey's seriouse face every time he is blowing his bubbles at someone. Aren't they just so cute together?! I am so glad they are so close in age. Now we just need to convince Dee not to move out of state so they can grow up together!

Check out that cool giant bubble! I think I had just as much fun with it as the kids.
Sad to say, it started to cool off and get pretty chilly outside by the time we were done with bubbles, so we'll all headed indoors and watched some Tom and Jerry and 101 Dalmations. Trey was going wild in the family room, but Jack was content to sit back on the stairs and watch from a safe distance.
"Shoooooe! Shoooooe! Chaaaaayyy!" I love how he says Trey's name.
The end! This was the best Easter yet! It just gets better every year. Thanks everyone for making it such a blast!
2 comments:
Way cute pictures!!! I need a cd! That was a way fun day! I'm also very glad that Jack & Trey are close in age! They were way cute together! Yeah... I was looking at my pictures & I can't believe that Trey had that same determined face as he was blowing the bubbles... it was cracking me up! I have some WAY cute ones of Jack so I will send them along! Love ya!
i love your outfit for easter sunday. you look fab. looks like your easter was great and jude and jack should hit up the links for sure!
Post a Comment