3/13/08

Bubble Boy

Jack is 2 years old, and I have never bought him bubble bath. I know, what kind of mother am I??? But he hasn't always loved bath time, and he hates having soap and stuff on him, so I wasn't sure he'd like it. Well the other day when I took off his diaper to give him a bath, he had left a skidmark in there, but no poo. (Yes, this nasty bit of information is a necessary part of the story.) Anyway, so I was sure he was going to poo in the tub (yes, he is 2 and still poops in the tub, he's too busy playing to care when or where he goes to the bathroom). So I decided to wash him as soon as I put him in, while the water was filling up, just in case. Well all the soap and shampoo under the running water made some bubbles/filmy layer, and Jack LOVED playing in it!

So I decided to get him some real bubble bath! He loves the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse bottle. And he was fascinated with the bubbles. He probably would've stayed in there for hours if I let him. So here's a billion and one cute pictures of him with his bubbles. I just couldn't pick a few. I love them all!

He figured out really quickly that if you scoop really slowly you can collect bubbles, and if you slam your hand down really fast, they'll come off. Here is some of that slamming action.
I thought he would get mad about it being on his belly, because he doesn't like his soap anywhere on his skin. But he was actually trying to put it on there himself.
"Bubble toes, how I love my bubble toes! I suppose I'll be smellin' sweet as a rose, with my bubble toes!" (One of my favorite songs when I was really tiny, that only I probably listened too.)
Telling me that the door is closed.


Mmmmm! Wacky Watermelon!
Click on this one to get a close up look at the spit string coming from his mouth. hehe
Skinny baby bum! (PS- All his ribs are only sticking out like that because he's twisting funny. I do feed my child.)
Noooooo! Don't go bubbles!
(P.S.- In case you're wondering, he did poo in the tub that first time. It's a good thing I washed him early!) hehe

1 comments:

Burrell said...

I remember Hunter doing the same thing. (Tubby poops) But neither Corrine or Elayna ever have. Knock on wood. It would be kinda weird if Corrine started pooping in the tub. Cute pictures, though. We love tubby times.