Today I am going to sit around the house and knit. And probably drink hot chocolate. It is too cold and snowy outside.
Last night was a different story.
I got to go see Ingrid Michaelson!!! She is by far my very, very, very, most, mostest, bestest, most favoritest artist EVER! : ) She played at The Venue downtown. Scott and I went with Deb & Logan. Poor Scott had been up since 4:30, and had worked in Vernal all day. And he doesn't even really like her all that much. He thinks she's talented, but he wouldn't choose to listen to her. But he came along for me. Awwww! Thanks, Pooh!
Anyway, the concert was supposed to start at 7:00. We got there at 7:00, and there was a line clear around an entire block. So Scott dropped me off to get in line, and he went to find a parking spot. Deb & Logan found me a few minutes later. So we stood in line. I didn't bring a coat, because I figured it would be warm inside with all the people crammed in (it's one of those places where you just find a place to stand), and I wasn't planning on standing in line outside..... for an hour and 45 minutes!
That's how long it took for them to open the one tiny door and let people in one at a time while checking for their name on roll call. During that nearly two hours, it was freezing, the wind blew, it snowed, and hailed. Everyone just clung as closely to the building as possible. Fortunately for me, Scott was smart and wore his coat, so he kept me warm. : )
We finally got inside, nice and warm, and the opening band had started. We heard a few songs from them, and then waited. Ingrid finally started around 9:15. And she was amazing! She is so good live, and she was really funny, and just cute. I heard 3 new songs that I must find immediately. She sang until 11:00, after which we ran 3 blocks through a blizzard to get to the car. By the time we made it we were completely soaked, and I couldn't breathe. I need to exercise more. hehe We drove up to Layton to get the kids, and they were all sweet and sleeping. By the time we got home it was after midnight. We were exhausted, cold, and our backs and legs were sore from standing for so long, but it was all sooooo worth it! If you don't know Ingrid Michaelson, go find some of her music on You Tube. I love her. One of my favorites last night was her cover of an R.E.M song, Nightswimming. I don't think I know the original, but I love what she did with it on the loop pedal. She performed this originally at Carnegie Hall for an R.E.M tribute concert. This version is from earlier this month in NYC. Gorgeous.
If I ever go to a concert there again, I will get there 2 hours early to be the first in line, and find a good place to sit. They really need to re-think how they do things there.
10/27/10
Hello winter, goodbye Ingrid!
Posted by
Valerie
at
9:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Ingrid is my fave too!
Post a Comment