10/4/10

HEEEELLLLP!!!!

I'm the biggest procrastinator, and now I'm regretting it. Scott and I were called a few weeks ago to be our ward's road show representatives. Yes. The road show. I know. Of all the talented people in the ward, they chose us. Fabulous. *sigh* So that means that I am in charge of writing an entire 5-10 minute skit for 40.... yes 40 kids! 20 young men and 20 young women. And then I have to teach it to all of them, and organize the props, and make sure everything comes together. And all we have to practice is 3 Wednesday mutual nights, and 2 Saturdays where we get a half hour to practice on the stage and figure out our setup. We can probably practice a little extra on those Saturdays, too. So they told us all about it a few weeks ago, and we were supposed to have the whole thing written and ready to teach before the kids found out. Well....... I'm lazy. I'm just now trying to write it, today, and our first practice is this Wednesday, in two days. I've had the general idea in my head for a few weeks, and I've told it to the YM & YW leaders and a few of the class presidency kids, and they like it. But I haven't written any of the details. Wanna know the theme?

Straight from the horses mouth.

That's all they gave us. And it has to have some sort of musical number in it. Also, we can not spend a single penny. So here was my idea. Bye Bye Birdie. The telephone song. You know.... "Hi, Nancy! Hi, Helen! What's the story, morning glory? What's the word, hummingbird? Have you heard about Hugo and Kim?"

Most of our skit will be that song, only I'll change the words to be a story about a boy who got his mission call. It'll start out as maybe... Idaho? : ) That was my mom's idea. And by the end of the song it will have changed to all different countries. Little groups will run on stage and sing a part, then run off. And at the end, they'll all come on in costumes and props from different countries, and say, "Surprise! Congratulations!" And then everyone will be confused, and the moral of the story will be that you should hear it straight from the horses mouth, not through gossip. Ta da! Brilliant, right? Well, it would be if I had a couple of months to put it all together! I'm trying to change the words of the song right now. It's not going so well. And then we need to have some sort of dance choreography so they're not just standing there singing. I might have to assign each little group to choreograph something for their part. And then even if I can manage to write some decent lyrics, I hope they can all learn the song with only 3 Wednesday practices!

Oy. I'm in trouble. I think I bit off more than I can chew with this idea. I would change it, but I already told all the leaders about it and they're planning on it. So if anyone has any brilliant ideas for my lyrics, or choreographing, or anything at all, I'd love to hear it! =D

1 comments:

All Dolled Up Doll Clothes said...

Check with your Aunt Linda. She is very talented at lyrics and rhyming. Now for choreography, hummm, Jenny can dance and now that she isn't working right now, maybe she can help you with some simple moves that anyone can do. Good luck.