8/2/09

jack3

Jack wanted to type the title for this post. He is j-a-c-k Jack and he is 3 years old.

We were bored yesterday and needed to get out of the house, so Scott suggested we drive down to Bridal Veil Falls. We stopped at a little park just inside the canyon first and Jack played on the playground and threw rocks in the river while I fed Sophie. Then we drove up a little farther and walked up the trail to the falls. I haven't been there in years, and I forgot how pretty it is!
I guess the rivers are really high and fast this year. The river below was a little scary. The place at the park where Jack was throwing in rocks was really slow and shallow. Anywho..... the falls come down and form this big shallow pool, then flow down a little stream that drains into the river. Well the pool was overflowing over the walkway and running straight down into the river. I had no idea it does this. It was fun! Jack didn't like the idea of wading out into the pool, but Scott forced him in, and then he loved it! The water was FREEZING, but he didn't seem to notice.

The rest of these pics were taken with a new app on Scott's iPhone that lets you zoom. They didn't turn out so well. We won't be using that anymore. But they're still cute!
Throwing rocks.

This is what Sophie thought of the waterfall. Look at that face!
And this is what she thought of me taking her picture. I love this girl!

And this is what Jack thought of the sun shining in his eyes. hehe My children are amazing.
We all had so much fun and will be definitely be going back soon.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

These are the cutest pics Val. sophie is just growing so fast. Before you know it she will be walking and talking up a storm!