I just saved a baby bird.... I hope. We have these adorable birds in our yard. I saw them out my back window yesterday, and noticed a couple little tiny babies! They have these really long legs and they run really fast. Well I was sitting at the computer and heard one screaching non-stop, coming from Jack's room. So I opened the blinds and found this cute little guy! He must've hopped down in there and couldn't get back out. So I went out and scooped him up, and put him on the grass. He ran across the yard and into a bush and hid there. I hope the mom and dad don't abandon him because I touched him. But I think he would've died if I left him in there. I stood on the front porch and watched for a minute, and the mom and dad were both running around screaching frantically. I hope he comes out of hiding and is ok! He was so tiny and cute!

6/28/08
Little Bird
Posted by
Valerie
at
1:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Don't worry, that thing about the parents abandoning the baby if a human touches them is not true. So you did save the cute little guys life. You'll be surprised at how often that happens. We had at least two birds every year that would do that when we lived there.
I hope I dont offend anyone with this comment but next time you see one of those obnoxious birds in the window well let me know. I will put it in a zip lock baggie so it quits squawking (spelling?) day and night. Each bird you save will come back next year and have more babies that squawk. You cant even go in the back yard without the parents pestering you. I do NOT like those birds.
Just kidding you know. I could never do that. But I still don't like those birds!
Love you, Dad
Post a Comment