4/28/08

B.O.B.

Last night I got to be an official B.O.B. (*itch on the back, learned that from my dad). Logan's family was having a BBQ at their home in Layton last night to celebrate three b-day's in the family. They invited my dad, Diana (she's lives just around the corner from them) and her son Nick. And at the last minute, Deb and my dad invited me to tag along on the back of the bike. I felt a little strange crashing the Riley's family BBQ, and we were supposed to go have spaghetti at Scott's parent's house (sorry Sue, I still love you!), but I couldn't resist riding up to Layton on a motorcycle. Plus, Deb and Logan are leaving Friday to live in New York for 4 months during her interior design internship, and this was the last chance I'd get to hang out with her before she left. The ride up was gorgeous, and the BBQ was a blast! Thanks Riley's, for letting me tag along! By the time we left to go home, it was starting to cool off, so Diana let me borrow her leathers for the ride home. I felt like a biker bandit about to rob a bank or something. Here's me trying (very unsuccessfully) to look all gansta.
Love the chaps!


It was so much fun! I totally want Scott to get a bike so we can get a big gang together and go cruising.
While I was at the BBQ, Scott sent me this dang cute picture of Jack finger painting at grandma and grandpa's. Love him! Logan thought it was funny how most kids will just shove their hands in the paint and spread it all over, but notice how Jack has it on just a few fingers, which are being held very carefully so as not to make any more of a mess than is absolutely neccessary. Strange, clean, boy.
Jack must've completely worn himself out yesterday. He was ready for bed 20 minutes earlier than normal, and he slept in till 11:20 this morning!!! Some people might think I'm a bad parent for letting him sleep that late, but he is up at 7:30 every morning, so I figure if he's sleeping late, it's because his body needs it, not because he's just lazy. I don't think 2 year olds know how to be lazy. I peeked in on him a few times to make sure he was alive, and this was what I found.

So sweet! One dog under the neck and another in is arm. I love my boy!
Now for the big news! I got a new calling this week. I will be teaching.... (drumroll please)......
CTR5/CTR6! I am so excited! There is one little boy who is turning 5 next Monday, and the rest have already turned or will turn 6 this year. There are 7 kids in all, but 2 of them are less active. So it'll be a small class. It is going to be such a fun age! The primary president brought over my manual and all my stuff yesterday, and I've already read through most of it. Yay!


3 comments:

Burrell said...

You look like one sweet B.O.B. Love the get-up. Oh, and congratulations on your new calling. That's a super fun age!

Unknown said...

HOT MAMA!:)
Yay for your new calling! that's Zach age - you will love it!

Family said...

For all those who get to read the comments, Valerie mis-spelled something. It's supposed to be "babe on back". Just to clarify. If she had a tatoo, peircings and smokers teeth it might be the other.
Dad