My........ errrr, I mean, Sophie's........... ok OUR new doll. : ) Sophie does love dolls, but I have to admit, I bought her mostly for me. hehe I'm going to attempt to design some little cardigans for her. My fabulous aunt Terrie makes and sells the most amazing clothes for 18" dolls, and she's had some people ask for knit cardigans. She doesn't knit, and asked if I'd be interested in making and selling some on her site. So I bought the cheapest 18" doll out there. I got her at Michaels. She's normally $20, but I had a 40% off coupon, so I got her for $12. Much better than $100 for an American Girl doll! I'm sure I'll be getting "Sophie" some of those at some point, but I wanted a cheap one for experimenting, one that she can't destroy. She came with the name Emma, but she may get a new name. She also needs something better to wear than this cheap, ugly thing. Anyway...... Sophie loves her, but was a little creeped out by her looooong thick hair. So Emma got a haircut today. Here is how it comes, obviously in need of some sort of trim to even it out.
And here is Emma now. **Disclaimer** I have never been to hair school. I have no idea what I'm doing. You should probably stand several feet away from your computer to see these pics.I didn't mean to cut it quite this short. I started at about her elbows. But then I did something stupid and completely screwed it up, so CHOP! I also made her bangs just slightly wider. They were this little weird clump in the middle of her forehead. I think she's cute! I do kind of miss the long, pretty hair, but oh well. It will grow back. Oh..... wait........
There will be other dolls. And look at the love she gets now!
She'll look really cute with a little knit beanie. : )
P.S.~ I might be slightly obsessed with 18" dolls now. Look at these one's! They're $150 though. And these one's! They have bendable elbows and knees!!! And a boy doll!!! And you can get them for only $30 at Walmart.com. That will be my next doll. =D They're skinnier than most of the other 18" dolls though, so I don't know what clothes would fit them. They do sell really cute, trendy clothes for them, though. Ok, I'm officially a doll nerd now.
9/21/10
Meet "Emma"
Posted by
Valerie
at
5:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment