Yesterday Jack said the prayer for primary opening exercises. I thought he might be a little nervous, and that when I whispered what to say, he would whisper it in the microphone. Boy was I wrong! He was so excited to sit in the special seat at the front. When they announced they were going to sing the opening song and then have a prayer by Jack, he started to get out of his seat and go to the mic. I had to motion not yet to him. When it was time, he stood on the stool, but his head barely went to the top of the stand. So I picked him up. He imediately leaned up to the mic and said loud and clear, "Hello!" Everyone giggled. I proceeded to whisper what to say, and he said it nice and loud in the mic, except for a whispered Amen. I was so proud!
Later that evening, we had dinner at my mom's house. We all sat down and he asked for some ham. I said, "Ok, I'll get you some after we say the prayer." He said he wanted to say the prayer. Do you need help? No, I can do it myself. Ok..........
Heanly Father....... Jesus Christ...... he's in the forrest......... I know he's in the forrest.........
At this point I was crying from laughing so hard. He was just looking at me the whole time, dead serious. He paused, not sure what to say next, so I choked out an Amen. My mom (who is primary president) then told me that they learned about a bunch of different prophets in sharing time that day, one of them being Joseph Smith. I'm assuming he was thinking about the story of Joseph going into the forrest and seeing Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ???? Oh, sweet, sweet Jack! You melt my heart! I love you more than you will ever know! Thank you for an amazing prayer, my favorite boy!
3/8/10
Prayer
Posted by
Valerie
at
12:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sweet boy! I love the thought process going on there.
it is amazing what they absorb!
Post a Comment