Yes, I am a Twilight nerd, and yes, I bought tickets to a midnight showing...... in Logan! My insane friend Deneigh hosted a fabulous party up there with a bunch of girls from her ward, and she invited Deb and I to come. So I dropped Jack off for a sleepover at G&G's (Scott was on call and was working really late) and I headed up to Logan. We all met at Deneigh's church where she had this super cute set-up. Those things down the middle of the table are real apples with the tops cut out and votive candles put inside. She also had goodie bags for everyone, which included a really cute bookmark that says "Bite Me", a burned cd of songs that reminded her of the books, and the clever t-shirt that you see at the bottom of this post.
She had prepared a delicious dinner of salad, garlic bread, layered jello/pretzel stuff, and super spicey spaghetti, with pomegranate 7up. Yum! Look at the fancy napkin folding.
After we ate we did this insane thing where you had to put in vampire teeth, then try and chew a piece of bubblicious gum and blow a bubble. Yeah..... not possible. But it was very entertaining!
We still had a bunch of time to kill before the movie, so we played a couple games. One was a poster with candy bars velcro'd (yes, velcro, not tape, that was her husband's doing) all over it, and there were trivia questions with the names of the candy bars as the answers. Then she had put together this game of Twilight Jeopardy. Is she not insane and crafty and amazing?!
We headed to the theater around 10:00 to stand in line, and they actually started seating everyone that early. So we got some really good seats, which her husband saved while all us crazy women sat on the floor in the front and played cards. Well, they all sat on the floor. Deb and I sat in the front row eating popcorn and watching. Yum! Check out these sexy t-shirts!
As for the movie, all I can say is that it almost met my really really REALLY low expectations. Pretty much everything about it sucked. The characters, acting, music, script..... terrible. But it was still really fun to see!! When it was over I crashed at Deb's for 4 or 5 hours, then got up to drive home and pick up Jack from school. I was exhausted, but it was totally worth it. Thanks, Deneigh, for an awesome girls night out! I had a blast!!!
5 comments:
Umm, yeah. I felt the same way. However, I did think it was hilarious! Funnier than I thought it would be. Hopefully the next movie will be a bit better seeing as they'll have more moolah to spend on it!
Oh, and BTW, Deneigh is ca-razy crafty and amazing!
Thank you for the shout out! Can I have you email those pics so I can post them on my blog?! Thanks! And I loved having you come! Thank you!
Wish I could have been there! I also thought the movie was funny, but I didn't know if it was because it was supposed to be funny or because it was so cheesy! Ah well...next time maybe.
ok...what is wrong with me? I thought the movie was......well...maybe because my husband took me because he knew I wanted to see it so badly! I don't like Edward....he just seemed....oh bad bad acting....anyway it was LOW BUDGET, like a Sundance Film Festival movie, but the next one HAS to be better. Love the girls in the movie...they were awesome. I don't think Edward looked anything like how the book described him! I about died....there were 5 women, YES women in there 30 and maybe 40's who absolutely had a coranary when the first SMOOCH happened, Bob just shook his head and I about died for them, although I thought it was FUN, they were so....absolutely....DUMB! lol am I getting old or what????
YOu are a crack up girl!:)
I have never read the books....I know, What? But I did go to the movie, um, yes, it was a bit on the cheesy side!:)
Look at you all pregnant and gaining some weight! What are we now? 95lbs? YOu know I LOVE you!
Post a Comment