8/31/10

Blonde Gone Bad

Oh boy. Yep. I tried to go blonde. Here's the story.

So on Saturday I bought a box of this in ultra light ash blonde:
It was $3.69, so I figured if I looked really bad as a blonde, it wouldn't be a big deal if I had to buy another box to go dark again. Well, it didn't make me blonde, at all. I knew I wouldn't be as blonde as the pictures, because my hair was so dark, but I thought it would at least go somewhat blonde. Instead it was just a mousy brown, with a hint of my natural orange in it. Except for where my roots had grown in. That was a little more blonde. It also made my head feel really tingly and funny for about 24 hours. Kinda scary. So I went back to the store yesterday and got a box of this:
I was thinking, I should've just bought this in the first place, since it's supposed to be for even the darkest hair. But it was $8, instead of $3. Also, this is the brand I use when I go dark, so I trusted it more. I did it last night. I left it on for the maximum time of 90 minutes. I could see that it was still a little orange, but I didn't dare leave it on longer, for fear my hair would all dissolve. So this is what I'm left with.



I can't decide what color it is. Pink? Orange? Yellow? A swirly mix of all three? Definitely the last one. *sigh* It actually looks a little better in these pics than in person. I remember a stylist telling me several years ago that red heads have a hard time going blonde for some reason, but two boxes??? I'm thinking I'm going to get one more box of that same stuff, and have Deb help me do it tomorrow, so she can put it in the darkest places first. Then, if it still looks horrible, I will give up and go back to dark. My poor hair! It's going to be seriously fried by the end of all this.

3 comments:

Burrell said...

Dang it Val. You can pull off almost anything. Soooo not fair.
Psh. Whatevs, you have the coloring and face shape and everything else to be a blonde. I'll bet you get it done and are one rockin' blonde. Don't forget to post the pictures of tomorrow's adventures, k?
Love you!

Penny said...

I like it....different but like E says, you can pull of any color and any cut. You are so lucky! Good Genes I guess!

Terrie said...

DON'T DO IT!!!! Going from blonde to a darker shade is going to require an expert. Call me and I will give you a number. She is very fair in her prices and you will not lose your hair (it will fry if you use another box this soon)
Terrie