Yesterday we decided to check out the South Jordan Country Fest carnival/fair/whatever you wanna call it. Man, those places make bank off of tickets and stupid games. But we still had fun! And I am so proud of Jack. He is getting so brave! He went down this thing 4 times, and it is not a slow ride. He also went on this....
And this.....
And we all rode in one of those giant strawberries together. (Basically the tea cups.) He said he wanted to go on the big one with the arrows (the Zipper), but I had to convince him that it was for big people and would be too scary.
After the fair we went downtown to the Gateway for the annual chalk art festival, put on by the Utah Foster Care organization. I happened to stumble across it last summer when I took Jack on a date there, and thought it was pretty cool. So we made sure to go this time. At the south end of the mall, they had a big area where the kids could get a bucket of chalk and draw their own picture.Here is what Jack came up with.....
Oh wait.... I meant this one, the menorah?????? and the number 1000. Since when did he decide to become Jewish?
Here are a few other favorites. I think it's incredible what people can do with chalk, on a cracked street!
For anyone who doesn't already know, Jack might have a slight obsession with all things Mario.
It was a perfect, sunny (if slightly windy) evening and one of the most adventurous family outings we've had in a while!
6/20/10
Saturday Fun
Posted by
Valerie
at
10:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment